Geofoam is expanded polystyrene (EPS), tested to American ASTM standards, and manufactured into large lightweight blocks. GEOBLOCK™ offers special advantages for construction on soft ground, slope stabilisation and ultra-lightweight backfill over existing structures.
EPS geofoam is approximately 1% of the weight of soil.
A superior fill material that significantly reduces the stress on underlying structures. Geofoam is not intended as a general soil replacement material but to solve specific engineering challenges. Engineers, architects and builders can design geotechnical solutions to a range of problems.
The use of EPS Geofoam translates into benefits to construction schedules, is unaffected by weather conditions and easily cut on a project site. Its service life is comparable to other common construction materials and it retains its physical properties under engineered conditions of use.
- Predictable material behavior
- Manufactured to meet ASTM standard D 6817
- Variety of types and properties to meet specific project requirements
- Super lightweight compared to other materials
- Inert in long-term buried conditions – no leachates in ground water
- Easily formed or shaped on site or supplied cut to required dimension
- Cost effective geotechnical solution
- Strong, durable and stable
- No weather delays during installation
One of the prime and growing uses for EPS geofoam globally is in the construction of lightweight approach fills to bridge abutments and in road embankments.
- Road widening & Road construction over poor soil conditions
- Bridge abutments & Bridge underfill
- Protection of culverts, pipelines and buried structures
- Rail embankments
- Landscaping and vegetative green roofs
- Other: Slope stabilisation,Levees & Airport runways
Find Out More
We have been involved in a number of ground breaking projects within the construction sector. Whatever your need, we can guide you to your solution.